Saturday, April 25, 2015

NETA 2015 Engaging Elementary Students with Augmented Reality Apps




Although technology (specifically the wifi) did not work in our favor during our presentation, I enjoyed my first NETA presentation.  I hope that I was able to share ideas that would be useful to other classroom teachers.  Our presentation (link below) includes ideas for using Augmented Reality Apps with iPads in the classroom.   I was able to share how I have watched my classroom come alive through the use of Aurasma in combination with Chatterpix, Tellagami, and Puppet EDU.  My students can open a book and use Aurasma to view a video that they have created to connect their learning to the curriculum.  
It meant a lot to know that my friends and teachers came to support us as well.  Their support was a glimpse of the way teachers can encourage and challenge each other as a part of a Professional Learning Network. I am excited to share my new learning with my PLN and colleagues and hopefully inspire others to be the change that our students need!



1 comment:

  1. Proud of you for representing LPS and our class! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete